Title: Anzac Biscuits
Yield: 1 Servings
125 g Butter or margarine
1 tb Golden syrup
1 ts Sodium bicarbonate
2 tb Boiling water
1 c Rolled oats
1 c Desiccated coconut
1 c Flour
1 c Sugar
1. Melt butter with golden syrup over low heat.
2. Mix sodium bicarb. with boiling water.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and pour melted mixture into centre.
Mix to a moist firm consistency.
4. Place teaspoonfuls of mixture on greased baking trays.
5. Bake at 170 degrees centigrade (according to my book thiis equals 325
degrees fahrenheit.) for 20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Cool a few minutes on trays before removing to a wire rack.
7. Store in airtight containers.
Makes approx. 48.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 673 by
email@example.com on Feb 2, 1998