Title: Avocado and Zucchini Salad
Yield: 1 Servings
1 lb Zucchini
2 1/2 c Water
2 ts Salt
1 Or more cloves of garlic,
1 pn (Small) dried tarragon
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 ts Sugar (more to taste)
2 tb White wine vinegar
6 tb Olive oil
1 lg Avocado
12 Stuffed green olives
4 Sprigs watercress
SOURCE: Adapted from SUPERCOOK SERVES: four persons
1. Wash the zucchinis, cut off the ends, and cut into slices one half inch
2. Bring the water to boil, add the zucchini slices and 1 teaspoon salt.
Cover and cook for about 6 minutes (do not allow to become mushy).
3. Drain the zucchini and put aside in a bowl.
4. In a cup, mix together the remaining salt the garlic, tarragon, pepper,
sugar, vinegar and oil.
5. Pour the dressing over the zucchini and mix well. Allow to marinate at
least 6 hours in the fridge or overnight.
6. Peel and stone the avocado and cut it into thin slices.
7. Drain the zucchinis and reserve the marinade.
8. Cut the stuffed olives in half.
9. TO SERVE: Put the lettuce leaves onto four individual plates, and
arrange the zucchinis, cut olives and avocado slices over. Garnish each
with a sprig of the watercress. Pass the reserved marinade separately.
This salad may also be made in quantity for a buffet, in which case, tear
the lettuce leaves into smaller pieces and mix the whole thing together as
a tossed salad.
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest V96 #58
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:45:18 +0700
From: Myra Borisute