Title: Ayam Petis (Indonesia)
Categories: Indonesian, Chicken
Yield: 6 Servings
3 tb Groundnut oil (or sunflower)
1 Big onion sliced into rings
1 md Chicken cut up
3 Cloves garlic
1 tb Shrimp paste
2 ts Sambal Ulek (see separate
1/2 ts Tumeric
1 3/4 c Coconut milk (thin)
1 ts Brown sugar
2 tb Lemon juice
1/4 lb Peeled shrimp
1 tb Coriander
1. Dry the chicken.
2. Heat oil, stir fry the onion.
3. Add garlic, petis, sambal, tumeric, salt and pepper. Stir and then add
4. Stirring constantly, add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then
reduce and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
5. Remove chicken, and leave sauce. Boil until it thickens. Then add
sugar and lemon juice.
6. Add shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes… until cooked.
7. Present with chicken covered in sauce and decorate with coriander.
From Gemini’s MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini