Title: Bacon Mustard Crisps
Yield: 1 Servings
7 sl Lean bacon
1/2 c Water
1/4 c Dijon-style mustard
2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Salt
1 tb Baking powder
1 ts Freshly ground white pepper
6 tb (3/4 stick) cold butter; cut
-into 6 pieces
Notes: From Orange County Register
Preliminaries: Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 450
1. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Place on paper towels to drain
and reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings. Finely chop bacon.
2. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine water, mustard
and 2 tablespoons bacon drippings. Process until just blended.
3. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine flour, salt,
baking powder and white pepper. Process to combine. Add butter; pulse until
mixture resembles coarse meal. Add mustard mixture and pulse until just
blended. Add bacon and pulse one or two times, just enough to blend in
4. Place mixture on lightly floured work surface. With a floured rolling
pin, roll dough to a 1/8-inch thickness. Dip 2-inch round cutter in flour
and press into dough. Place rounds on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Gather
scraps and roll out and continue to cut out as many rounds as possible.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to
Presentation: Serve with cheese and fruit.
Yield: about 80 crackers
Nutritional information (per cracker): 26 calories, 1.6 grams fat, 0.8 gram
saturated fat, 3 milligrams cholesterol, 70 milligrams sodium, 55 percent
calories from fat
Posted to recipelu-digest by firstname.lastname@example.org (Nadia I Canty) on Mar 28,