Title: Baker’s Secret Sugar Cookie Hearts
Categories: Holidays, Cookies
Yield: 6 Dozen
1 c Butter; unsalted
1 c Sugar
1 tb Vanilla
3 c Flour
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 c Confectioners’ sugar; sifted
2 tb Milk
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs and
vanilla; mix well. Stir together the flour, salt and baking soda; mix into
the sugar mixture until well blended. Chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Divide the dough into quarters. Roll out one quarter on a lightly
floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes with a 2-inch
cutter; place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are barely browned at the
edges. Cool on a wire rack.
** Icing **
5. Mix together the confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Spread on
the cookies; sprinkle with the nonpareils.
Source: from the back of the packaging on the new cookie sheets bought in
preparation for the holidays.
From Gemini’s MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini