Title: Banana-Nut Muffins
Yield: 12 Servings
1 Stick butter or margarine;
1 c Granulated sugar
2 lg Eggs
2 lg Ripe bananas; mashed
2 c All-purpose flour
1 ts Salt
1 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 c Buttermilk
1/2 c Chopped pecans
1 ts Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 standard size muffin-pan cups or
use paper liners.
2. Beat together butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas
3. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Alternately stir flour mixture and buttermilk into egg mixture until dry
ingredients are just moistened.
5. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Do not overmix batter; it should not be
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling two-thirds full. Bake until
lightly golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer muffin-pan cups to a wire rack
to cool slightly. Turn out onto rack. Serve warm.
FROM “GREAT AMERICAN HOME
From a collection of my mother’s (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained
lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen’s MM
Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.