Title: Barley Casserole #1
Categories: Casseroles, Grains, Posted reci
Yield: 8 Servings
4 tb Butter
2 md Onions; chopped
1/2 lb Mushrooms; sliced
1 1/2 c Pearl barley
3 c Chicken broth
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
Fresh parsley; chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a large casserole. Saute onions 2 minutes over medium
3. Add mushrooms and saute 5-7 minutes more. Add barley. Cook until lightly
4. Add 2 cups of broth, salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce
heat, and bake 45 minutes.
5. Add remaining 1cup of broth. Return to oven and bake 30 minutes more.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Per Serving: 225 calories, 6.7 Grams Fibre, 8.8 grams Protein, 28.2% CFF
>From the Recipe Files of RecipeLu
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by RecipeLu on Mar 08,