Title: Basic Noodles Chicken Topping #1
Yield: 4 Servings
1 c White meat chicken
1 c Fresh mushrooms
1/2 c Water chestnuts
2 tb Oil
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 c Stock
2 ts Cornstarch
2 tb Water
1. Slice chicken, fresh mushrooms and water chetnuts.
2. Heat oil. Add salt, then chicken, and stir-fry until chicken loses its
pinkness (about 2 minutes).
3. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry until mushrooms begin to
soften (about 1 minute more).
4. Add stock and heat quickly. Then simmer, covered, 3 to 4 minutes over
5. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to
thicken chicken mixture. Arrange as a topping over noodles in soup and
1. For the water chestnuts, substitute bamboo shoots.
2. After step 3, sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with 1 to 2 teaspoons
3. In step 5, add to the cornstarch paste 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/4
teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar and a dash of pepper.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.