Title: Basic Noodles Cooked Chicken Topping #2
Yield: 4 Servings
1 c Cooked chicken
1/4 c Smoked ham
1 c Chinese lettuce
1 c String beans
1 c Celery
1/2 c Canned mushrooms
1/2 c Onion
1/4 c Water chestnuts
1/4 c Bamboo shoots
2 sl Fresh ginger root
2 -(up to)
3 tb Oil
1 c Stock
1 tb Cornstarch
1 tb Soy sauce
1/2 ts Sugar
2 tb Water
1. Slice cooked chicken. Hard boil, shell and slice eggs. Dice ham.
2. Slice Chinene lettuce, string beans, celery, mushrooms, onion, water
chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Shred ginger root.
3. Heat oil. Add ginger root and stir-fry a few times. Add all vegetables;
stir-fry about 3 minutes.
4. Add stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, over medium heat until
vegetables are done (5 to 7 minutes). Then stir in cooked chicken and ham
only to heat through.
5. Meanwhile blend cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and cold water to a paste;
then stir in to thicken mixture. Arrange as a topping over noodles in soup.
Garnish with egg slices and serve. VARIATION: For the chicken, substitute
cooked pork, beef, shrimp or lobster.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.