Title: Basic Stir-Fried Chicken #2
Yield: 4 Servings
1 Chicken breast
1 lb Vegetables
1 Clove garlic
2 sl Fresh ginger root
2 tb Sherry
1 tb Soy sauce
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Sugar
1 1/2 tb Oil
1 1/2 tb Oil
1/2 c Stock
2 ts Cornstarch
2 tb Water
1. Skin and bone chicken; then slice thin. Slice vegetables. Crush garlic.
Mince ginger root.
2. Combine sherry, soy sauce, salt and sugar.
3. Heat oil. Add garlic and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add chicken
and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
4. Add sherry mixture; stir in 1 minute more to blend. Remove chicken from
5. Heat remaining oil. Add vegetables; stir-fry to coat with oil (1-2
6. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then return chicken and cook, covered,
over medium heat, until done (2-3 minutes).
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in to
thicken. Serve at once.
NOTE: See Note in “Basic Stir-Fried Chicken #1”. VARIATION: Omit steps 2
and 4, and remove the chicken from the pan at the end of step 3. Then, in
step 6, before returning the chicken, add to the stock a mixture of 1
tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon
sugar, a dash of pepper and 1 scallion stalk, minced.
SEE “STIR-FRIED CHICKEN
VEGETABLE COMBOS” FOR SUGGESTED
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.