Title: Basic Stir-Fried Cooked Chicken
Yield: 6 Servings
2 c Cooked chicken
2 -(up to)
3 c Vegetables
2 -(up to)
3 tb Oil
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 c Stock
1 tb Cornstarch
3 tb Water
1. Bone cooked chicken. Slice or dice chicken and vegetables.
2. Heat oil. Add salt, then vegetables, and stir-fry to coat with oil
(about 2 minutes).
3. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, over medium heat, until
vegetables are just about done. Then stir in cooked chicken only to heat
4. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to
thicken. Serve at once.
NOTE: Any vegetable can be used. (See “Cooking Instructions for Vegetables”
for details on cooking time.) Also see suggested vegetable combinations in
recipe “Stir-Fried Cooked Chicken Veggie Combos”. VARIATIONS:
1. In step 4, add to the cornstarch paste any of the following: 1 to 2
teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sherry, or a few drops ofsesame oil.
2. At the end of step 4, garnish with 1/2 cup almond or walnut meats,
blanched, toasted and slivered.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.