Title: Basic Stir-Fried Roast Pork
Yield: 4 Servings
1/2 lb Roast pork
1 lb Vegetables (see note)
2 Scallion stalks
1 sl Fresh ginger root
1 tb Cornstarch
1 tb Soy sauce
1 tb Water
3 dr Sesame oil; more or less
1 1/2 tb Oil
2 tb Oil
1/2 c Stock
1/2 ts Salt
1. Slice roast pork and vegetables. Cut scallions in 1-inch sections.
Mince ginger root.
2. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, cold water and sesame oil to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add scallions and stir-fry until translucent. Add roast
pork; stir-fry 1 minute more. Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add vegetables and stir-fry to coat with oil
(about 1 minute). Stir in stock, salt and ginger root and heat quickly.
Then cook, covered, over medium heat until nearly done.
5. Return pork and scallions, stir-frying only to reheat. Then stir in
cornstarch paste to thicken. Serve at once.
NOTE: Roast pork may be purchased ready-cooked in Chinese food stores or
prepared at home. For the vegetables, use in any combination bean sprouts,
broccoli, Chinese lettuce, Chinese cabbage, mustard cabbage, celery, fresh
mushrooms, peppers, spinach, string beans. (See Vegetable Section for
details on cooking times.)
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.