Title: Basic Wonton Filling
Yield: 12 Servings
2 -(up to)
2 1/2 c Meat
1/2 -(up to)
1 c Vegetables
1 Scallion stalk
1 tb Soy sauce
1/2 ts Salt
1. Mince or shred meat and vegetables. Then combine with soy sauce and
salt, blending well.
2. Let stand 30 minutes. Wrap mixture in wonton skins: fold as in the
methods described in “Information: Wontons”.
NOTE: The quantities given are for 40 wonton skins or about 1/2 pound. When
raw pork is used, it may be stir-fried first with the scallion until it
loses its pinkness, then sprinkled lightly with soy sauce and sherry.
1. For the meat above, use any of the following combinations:
a. Pork (lean or roast) and shrimp
b. Pork (lean or roast) ond crabmeat
c. Pork (lean or roast) and fish fillets
d. Pork (lean or roast) and lobster
2. For the pork in the variations above, substitute chicken breast.
3. In step 1, add any of the following, minced or shredded: 1 or 2 dried
black mushrooms (soaked); 2 tablespoons bamboo shoots; 2 tablespoons button
mushrooms, 4 or 5 water chestnuts.
4. In step 2, for the soy sauce, substitute 2 tablespoons sherry.
5. In step 2, also add any of the following: 1 egg, beaten; 1 teaspoon
comstarch; 1/2 teaspoon sugar; 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice; 1 tablespoon
peanut oil or a few drops of sesame oil.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive, http://www.erols.com/hosey.